During our initial implementation of our pilot project we did not include Edgesight deployment in our scope of work. After using the XenDesktop, XenApp solution for some time I decided it was time for some measurable metrics to answer some questions that are key to our pilot. Those questions included:
- How many concurrent licenses do we need to buy?
- Given a choice, will users choose XenApp or a full desktop?
- Which apps are being launched through XenApp?
- Are the apps performing as expected?
- Are the desktops and servers performing well?
- What is the IO cost of using Edgesight?
The process was quickly identified after clicking the ‘troubleshoot’ button to the left of the server name in the image above. As you see below, Acrord32 was taking 50% CPU. This particular user’s session was in a disconnected state.